3 min read
2023 Guide to Google Business Profiles
By: Daybreak Digital Marketing on Mar 24, 2023 5:34:58 PM
If you own a business, you probably know how important it is to have a strong online presence. One of the most effective ways to boost your visibility and attract more customers is to create and optimize your Google Business Profile.
A Google Business Profile is a free listing that appears on Google Search and Maps when people look for your business or related products and services. It allows you to showcase your business information, such as your name, address, phone number, website, hours, reviews, photos, and more.
But having a Google Business Profile is not enough. You need to make sure that it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Otherwise, you might miss out on potential customers who are searching for what you offer.
In this blog post, we will guide you through the steps to create and optimize your Google Business Profile in 2023. We will also share some tips and best practices to help you stand out from the competition and grow your business online.
Step 1: Claim and verify your Google Business Profile
The first step to creating your Google Business Profile is to claim and verify it. This means that you need to prove that you are the owner or authorized representative of the business. This way, you can manage and update your profile and prevent anyone else from making unauthorized changes.
To claim and verify your Google Business Profile, follow these steps:
- Go to google.com/business and sign in with your Google account. If you don't have one, you can create one for free.
- Enter your business name and address. If your business already appears on Google, select it from the list. If not, click Add your business to Google and follow the instructions.
- Choose a category that best describes your business. This will help Google show your profile to relevant customers.
- Add your phone number and website. These are optional but highly recommended, as they will help customers contact you and learn more about your business.
- Choose a verification method. Depending on your business type and location, you may be able to verify your profile by phone, email, or instant verification. If not, you will need to request a verification postcard that will be mailed to your business address. Once you receive it, enter the code on the postcard to verify your profile
Step 2: Complete and update your Google Business Profile
Once you have claimed and verified your Google Business Profile, you need to complete and update it with relevant information. This will help you provide a positive and consistent experience for your customers across Google platforms.
To complete and update your Google Business Profile, follow these steps:
- Go to google.com/business and sign in with your Google account.
- Click on the Info tab on the left menu.
- Fill in the details about your business, such as:
- Description: Write a brief introduction about your business, highlighting what makes you unique and what value you provide to your customers.
- Services: List the services that you offer, along with their prices and descriptions.
- Attributes: Add any special features or qualities that describe your business, such as wheelchair accessible, free wifi, vegan options, etc.
- Opening hours: Specify when your business is open or closed. You can also add special hours for holidays or events.
- Photos: Upload high-quality photos that showcase your business location, products, services, team members, etc. You can also add videos up to 30 seconds long.
- Logo: Upload a clear and recognizable logo that represents your brand identity.
- Cover photo: Upload a photo that captures the essence of your business. This will appear at the top of your profile on Google Search and Maps.
- Review and save your changes.
Step 3: Engage with your customers on Google
Creating and optimizing your Google Business Profile is not a one-time task. You need to regularly monitor and update it to keep it fresh and relevant. You also need to engage with your customers on Google by responding to their reviews, questions, messages, and posts.
To engage with your customers on Google, follow these steps:
- Claim your Business Profile on Google My Business. This will allow you to manage your online presence across Google Search and Maps, and interact with your customers through reviews, posts, messages, and more.
- Respond to customer reviews. Reviews are a great way to build trust and loyalty with your customers, and show them that you value their feedback. You can reply to reviews from your Google My Business account or app, and thank your customers for their support, address their concerns, or answer their questions.
- Create and update posts. Posts are a way to share timely and relevant updates about your business with your customers on Google. You can create posts from your Google My Business account or app, and include text, photos, videos, offers, events, and more.
- Turn on messaging. Messaging is a feature that lets you communicate with your customers directly from your Business Profile on Google. You can turn on messaging from your Google My Business account or app, and use it to answer questions, share information, or confirm bookings.
- Use insights to understand your customers. Insights are analytics that help you understand how your customers find and interact with your Business Profile on Google. You can access insights from your Google My Business account or app, and use them to optimize your online presence, improve your marketing strategy, and attract more customers.
A Great Strategy for Faster Website Design
WELCOME TO THE NEW DAYBREAK CONSULTING WEBSITE
7 Benefits of Working With a Local Web Design Company
Did you know that over one-third of small businesses in the U.S. still don't have websites?...
Press Release: Free Digital Marketing Workshop Offered through SBDC
Deer Park, Texas - Daybreak Digital Marketing has partnered with the Small Business Development...